Keywords 101: The One Essential SEO Method For Your Free Online Advertising
You own a business, a shop or website. You want to grow your online footprint but you have no idea where to start. Let me tell you where.
Overall, SEO is complicated. I won’t lie to you. But don’t let that put you off. Keep me company for a few minutes because I’m going to teach you about the most basic but essential method of using SEO.
I don’t have a clue where to start. It isn’t my area of knowledge.”
This is what I hear the most from my clients. Feelings of overwhelm are natural. Especially when you’re already busy running your business. Keeping on top of your online advertising feels like a second full-time job. Especially when you add SEO into the mix.
Here’s what you need to know: Keywords.
Keywords are the most important aspect of SEO, particularly for beginners. They are the words and terms that people search on Google that are related to your business.
For example, if you’re looking for a particular restaurant near you, you might search:
“Affordable Mexican restaurants in Central London.”
Each of those words are keywords and also key search terms. So keywords are Google’s way of helping people find exactly what they’re looking for.
What Difference Do Keywords Make to Your Business’s SEO?
1) Manually include keywords into your website copy
Create a list of keywords and key search terms that are relevant to your business. Then, include them in your copy. These words might be your products or services and your business’s benefits and features. Think of what keywords and terms your target customers might search for in Google.
For example, a green cosmetics company will appeal to their environmentally-conscious target customers with keywords and terms such as “vegan”, “cruelty-free,” “vegan cosmetics” and “recyclable”. This not only improves your website SEO but also helps reach your target customers.
In addition, there are online tools that can instantly generate a list of keywords for your business. However, be warned that these websites can be expensive and require a membership.
2) Go halfway with a little help
If your budget is limited, hire an online copywriter to provide you with a list of keywords and key search terms. Not all copywriters offer this service as they want their clients to pay for the full website copy.
However, you can save time, money and stress with a copywriter who offers Keyword Word Research.
As a result, you won’t be faced with the complications that come with using SEO keywords.
Benefits of using a professional:
- You will be advised on the correct amount of keywords to use specifically for your website.
- You will get a list of the most effective keywords and key search terms.
- You won’t risk using the wrong type of keywords that are too common and competitive to have any impact on your SEO.
- Many copywriters are happy to give you advice and support.
3) Hire a copywriter to do it all for you
If you really want to save time, reduce your workload and be free from the burden of writing your own keyword-infused SEO content. It’s worth paying a copywriter to do it.
You will benefit from:
- Clear and tactful website content that does not have sloppy sentences overloaded with keywords.
- Specially selected and tailored keywords for maximum impact on your SEO.
- Good SEO copywriting that will not only get seen but also do the job of selling.
- You get to sit back and relax.
Even if you can’t afford to hire a copywriter, having keywords in your online copy are an essential basic for your SEO. They are free to use so don’t miss out!
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below or email me.